Newbury Town Council Jubilee Timetable of Events
23rd June 2012
- 3pm Newbury Choral Society Concert at St Bartholomew's School.
A programme with "last night of the proms" style finale
*For more details log on to www.newburychoral.org.uk
30th June 2012
- "Culturefest" at Newbury Racecourse
- Organised by West Berkshire Minority Ethnic Forum
*For more details call Waheeda Soomro on 0845 003 5650
11th July 2012
- The torch and supporting cavalcade will be passing through the town from around 11am to 11:30am.
- There will be outdoor street performers to keep the crowds enthralled and entertained both before and after the torch has passed provided by The Corn Exchange with the support of Greenham Common Trust.
- A BMX bike display of what is now an Olympic Sport, guaranteed to amaze! Riders launch into the air on an 11ft tall, vertical halfpipe and perform some of the hardest tricks in the business within a spectacular show. One-two performances per hour in the Market Place from 11:30am also sponsored by Greenham Common Trust.
- Olympic Art Trail and Competition: Follow the trail to 20 different locations around the Town featuring stunning artwork of famous Olympians/Paralympians painted in the styles of different artists by Park House School pupils. Trail and competition entry forms are available from participating businesses and Newbury Town Council, Town Hall, The Market Place, from Friday 6 July 2012. This has been made possible through the significant support of the Newbury Weekly News, the Newbury BID team and Parkway Shopping.
- Parkway will be hosting a Street Party from 11am to 6pm with music, entertainment and exclusive one day only offers for Party Pass holders (available from Corn Exchange and Barclays Bank Parkway). (Further details from www.shopatparkway.com)
- Olympic themed Art Exhibition of inspirational works by Park House School pupils: these original paintings of famous Olympians/Paralympians and sports personalities in the style of various artists can be seen in the Town Hall in the Market Place on Saturday mornings between 30th June and 11th August as well as on Torch Day on Wednesday 11th July. Twenty of these paintings form part of the Art Trail and Competition. (For viewing at other times call Newbury Town Council on 01635 35486 and we will do our best to accommodate). The Saturday Gallery in the Town Hall will also have an extended Olympic exhibition on 28th / 29th July.
- Olympic inspired activities in the ‘Cultural Village’ in Victoria Park: come along and experience a variety of different Olympic inspired activities, from childrens’ art, to facepainting and ‘have a go’ sessions, all co-ordinated by Park House School.
- Torch Day Picnic Lunch: there will be picnic space available in Victoria Park so bring your own blanket, food and drink as well as take the opportunity participate in some Olympic inspired activities in the ‘Cultural Village’.
28th July 2012
To mark the opening of the Olympics the Town Hall will be open for an Olympic themed Coffee Morning and Saturday Gallery from 10am to 12 noon