The Mayor of Newbury is a busy role. In addition to Chairing the full Council meetings held in the Council Chamber every two months, the Mayor will:
- - Open events held in the town and extend a Civic Welcome
- - Host various functions and Civic Receptions
- - Support sports people of the town (visit or start events, present prizes,etc)
- - Open various events (school fetes, new businesses, etc)
- - Attend a wide variety of events (Open Days, school/college presentations, Annual General Meetings, Dinners, neighbouring Civic Events, etc)
- - Visit many townspeople to celebrate special occasions (e.g. 100th birthdays, etc)
This requires a significant level of management, diarising, contacting members of the public and organising/confirming bookings. We support the Mayor with this role. More information on the Mayor and their Current Engagements.